Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

A step back from the digital leads the way for more art!


Well, I had a bit of an incident with my laptop about two weeks ago and I'm sad to report that it's really put a damper on my digital creative time.  Between borrowed time on my son's pc and my hubby's laptop I've been keeping up with my creative team duties but that's about all I've been able to do.  And I am so excited to be a part of something special debuting at Deviant Scrap this coming week.
Here's a sneak peek of the goodness to come!

This is just Tumble Fish Studio's portion.  Wait til you see what the designers have in store for you!


This is a sneak peek of  my participation. Can you guess?



Though I feel a bit of a loss with my digital and graphic artistry endeavors having to take the back seat, I do have to admit it's actually been a really good thing for me in that I have been forced to use my creativity in other areas; waters I have been wanting to dive back into.  Two projects I have been dividing my time between:

An altered art book I intend to use to journal about the incredible turn my life has taken this year and the subsequent growth that has taken place within as a mother, wife, artist and friend.  I know that I shall never forget but I feel it is something I am so grateful for and something that which must be celebrated.  I am so excited at the prospect and hope with all my heart it will be just what I envision it to be!
As you can see, I am still very much in the beginning stages and it is a total lesson in patience for me.  I am so eager to move onto the real fun of gesso, painting, glueing, and journaling!



AND I have returned to my painting after so many many years.  I have some growing to do, for sure but am enjoying relearning the process for myself.
Found this cute little Crayola chipboard book at my local goodwill and set out to decorate it, with no real plan, mind you.  Here's how it's going so far.

Day One-Page One/Cover


Day Two-Page Two


Day Three-Page Three
Welp, that's it for now.  Be sure to come back and share my progress on these projects.  As always, I am so appreciative to have such a wealth of friends who support me in my artistic endeavors and I feel so blessed that I can share with no worries of being judged.  Thanks to you all!

No comments: